Monday, July 9, 2018

Trip to : Keelung Mountain

It was Saturday, July 7th 2018. 

Our destination was Keelung mountain since Goh (my friend) really wanted to go there.
We went there just by using some information from internet and asking local people when we touched the place. FYI, several times we did this and we never got lost so far.

So, We took 788 bus from Keelung downtown to get off in Jiufen after.
Then, we asked local people how to get to the place and finally started our tracking.

Flat track for I know It could be the warming up before tracking

After a while, we found the first shelter that we could take a rest for a moment with a good view. In this height, we can even see a good view with low cloud and small buildings. As I can see clearly, some small buildings are tombs.

Some details about Keelung mountain

First shelter with benches and good view

Small buildings on the left side of the hill are tombs, crowded buildings on the right side is Jiufen city

To reach the peak of Keelung mountain, we need to use stairs, that I can tell there are thousands of them. So, I suggest you to do some stretching or do exercise before. It has been 2 days ago but I still feel pain in my leg. There are 5 spots that we can take a breath and lie our body down for a moment because It was terribly tired with the sun shone brightly right over our heads.

Sunarti (girl) and Goh (boy) came up the stairs

I thought It was more than one hour we climbed, we finally found the peak. At that time, I felt that I was almost out of breath. I do agree with a quote saying "Climb mountains not so the world can see you but so you can see the world" and yeah, I could see everything clearly and widely from the peak. I could even see my school from here where it was about one hour to get Jiufen from Keelung city.

Keelung mountain view. Ps: sorry for my bad phone camera 


Photo credit to Wirawat buranarom a.k.a Goh 

Cloudy view because it was about to rain

The mountain area with a green velvet spreading

Thanks again to Wirawat buranarom a.k.a Goh for this photo 


No comments:

Post a Comment